Sunday, October 23, 2011

Summer Randomness!!


Just a few photos to fill in the last couple of months:

We have made MANY fires throughout the 'getting darker earlier' days/evenings! It's not uncommon to see Nate M. reading to the little kids but this day was different. He wanted to read through the book of Job! The boys drove trucks 'quietly' next to him while listening intently.

Why, you ask, would I even take a photo like this?

Because, I'd say:

It does a mommies heart good to see her children thirsting for the word of God and choosing that over all the books in the house!

It does a mommies heart good to see my older children teaching the younger and taking responsibility for them!

Our Darbi learned to ride a bike and Great Grandma Copper's farm. She pretty much peddled around and taught herself! I think I didn't realize how determined she is because of her being so quiet about it. I MUST pay better attention:).

ALWAYS rides with jewelry, fancy shoes, hair done somehow and nail polish on:
We were driving around one day looking for garage sales when the kids spotted this jeep for 10.00. I happen to have had the trailer with us (cough, cough:) so threw it in with the hopes that we could make it work. I found for 8.00 online a charger for the battery it came with and it works beautifully. Best money spent that week for sure!
And now for the SUPER EXCITING news of the fall...

The boys have been saving (especially Nate) for a new 'toy'...

A specific 'toy'...

An Expensive 'toy'...

One that you have to be old enough to really take care of...

A 'toy' that you need to mow part of the field for...
Well, Halley just danced while the boys mowed!!! I LOVE her spirit lately and how God has changed her into such a gracious young lady! She's an amazing help to me and the world's BEST accountability partner!
Trae gets Nate laughing so hard he can't get the lawn mower started:
Oh, and before the big 'toy' news... Praying Mantices (however you spell that) They have literally caught over 100 this last month. They keep them in containers and scare me, then laugh and run get more!!


...to be continued...

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

My kids caught one huge one. It was so fun observing before we let it go again.