Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Up To TWO!!


*** When Nate was gone on one of his business trips this past January the kids and I decided to take a two day trip to the beach and play in the water, swim in the pools, visit some friends and relatives...
All of these photos are before the 'sneaker' wave. For how quiet the ocean seems at times it is really heard to hear/talk! I seems like the voices get lost...

Trae, Andi, Halley and Todd were all playing out in the waves, chasing and being chased. The water was now over their boots. I was holding the baby and my camera and making sure that Darbi was staying close by. I called to Nate on the walkie to come give me a hand with the kids. While he was running I saw that the waves were holding back and the kids (this being their first time playing in the waves) were following them out farther. They couldn't hear me yelling and I could see the waves getting ready to dump on them. I handed the baby off and took off running into the water.

By this time the wave had covered them. All that was visible were four little bumps of clothes and hair tumbling towards me.

Needless to say we are all still alive and much wiser children in regards to waves and how they work.

Below is a good expression of what it was like at the house when I told the children of our plans to go:
....

on a bit of a side note, we have found a really fun treat place that we seem to drive by often. Yo Cream. It's measured by weight so I can get my little bit of fruit and someone else can get their endless toppings and many different varieties of 'ice cream' and we all enjoy!!
Up Next 'Beach and friends part TWO'...

No comments: