Monday, April 20, 2009

Perspective


"Mom, Coders have more kids than us."

Mom, "Okay."

Kid, "So they are beating us."

Mom, "That's great." "Are you saying that you want more brothers and sister?"

Kid, "Well, we have to have a bigger care first."

Mom, "Yeah, that could be a problem but God's big enough to take care of a new car."

Kid, "Okay, then when the Coders die we can have their car."

Mom, "(laughing)"

So often our perspective is so small and we feel as if the only resources we have are in our little sphere of people or town. Our God has UNLIMITED resources. He is not LIMITED. In the case above, the car is not a problem for God. So often I put God in a box, even in my prayers, I only pray for the 'possible'. I only talk to God about those things that I 'think' can be accomplished with the resources that I can 'see'. God's reputation is at stake here, and I must rise to meet Him where He is...

1 comment:

Sandy Bjorkman said...

Thank you so much for your prompt response to my request. I will pass this on to a lady I was trying to explain this concept to..It is a perfect example!Keith and I were sure Nate and his father both were eavesdropping in our house Sat. evening and Sunday.
(Change "care" to car.)