Monday, February 16, 2009

Stitches (not the laughing kind)

I was upstairs getting a few things done while the kids were out playing.  On the way to the kitchen I glanced out the window just in time to see all the children jumping on the trampoline, which is totally common around here.  However, the UN common thing was that Andi was sitting in our plastic boat in the middle and just got jumped over and smacked in the face with the edge.  I was already out the door getting ready to tell them that the boat was supposed to stay off the trampoline and saw blood spurting out of her cheek.  IT LOOKED AWEFUL.  the kids were all standing around her screaming at the top of their lungs  BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH and crying...  I grabbed the bottom of my long sweater and held it against her face and carried her to the sink.  One of the kids brought me some ice and the phone and I 'calmly' (you know me and blood) said "Nate, Andi split her cheek open and we are going to go get her stitched up!!!!!!!" I then called my mother-in-law and she came over to confirm that yes, super glue wouldn't do the trick.  Nate made it home in time to drive us to the clinic where she received FIVE stitches.  She did sooo good and held sooo still even though it hurt some.  My father-in-law took the not hurt or nursing kids with him to get some lumber so Nate could then head home and get started on the evening of framing our home.  MaryBeth (mother-in-law) brought over dinner for us and the workers even though she already had a full day.  We got home and she had cleaned my kitchen...  

Anyways, what an afternoon.  So, instead of being over at the house today we are doing the laundry and pick-up that we were going to do early this afternoon when the above happened.  

God so orchestrates our days and it's our job to be FLEXIBLE.  Thank you Jesus for another day to live for you and to fit in with YOUR plan for us.  Thans for all the people that you have brought into our lives to help us in our time of need.
This is our first and only trip (so far) to the clinic.  That's not bad for SIX kids.  Maybe this is the beginning:(.

No comments: