Saturday, March 1, 2008

AWAKENING!!!!!

Yesterday was pizza night so as the kids were counting down the timer (10 minutes worth) I was kneading the dough.  Usually during such times I enjoy talking with the kids, going over past scripture verses, singing the latest songs, and telling stories.  This time it was my time to learn a lesson, this time I was not the 'teacher' or storyteller but the student.  While discussing the fact that while God is King of kings, Satan is the prince of this earth.  Then going into the verses in scripture that he roams around this earth looking for someone to devour, someone to trick, someone to ..."steal, kill, and to destroy".

After somewhat of a pause Nate M. asks, "So, Mom, why did Satan want to be like God".

So I answered him with this, "Well son, he was just not happy/grateful for where God had him, or how he was made".    God then threw him out of Heaven and away from His presence.  

Over the course of 29 years I've spent much of my time waiting for God to make me into what I wanted to be (unchangables that is), BELIEVING that God would do it and then I would be happy, then I would be contented, then I would be 'perfect', able to respond to hard situations correctly....   CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!   I couldn't.  After all that I know, after all that I have been 'given', I was still guilty of the same sin that Lucifer was sent away from the presence of God. I had never had it said to me this clearly before.  I am exactly what God has made me to be and how dare me say to Him all this time that He didn't know what He was doing..... 

Okay, well you get the picture.  Ashamed of my hearts condition but excited that God saw fit that I should see this area in my life.  No wonder God asks us to be like a child, childlike faith, and I believe even childlike thinking sometimes.  

Now, let the healing process begin!!!

Just a few photos of our boys.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn...thank you for these wonderful reminders. I think these are issues that many of us struggle with as women and mothers. I know your thoughts and convictions speak to my heart as well... Take care!
Laura

Christian said...

Hey, Robin ~

Happy to help... Contact me with your email address and I'll send you a few thoughts on monitor calibration.

Kindest regards,
Christian