Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nate and I had a fun treat of spending time with just our oldest three for a few hours one afternoon! We were taking some computer classes in Portland.

Whenever possible we try and slip away for some one-on-one time with whoever seems to be needing it or when we feel like we'd enjoy asking them questions and watching their little minds think and process.

This time was a little different in that we had more than one child and could watch them interact with each other without the littles being there to need any of our attentions!

We sat down to a light dinner at the food court of the mall and watched them go order their own meals...

Todd had to ask several times exactly what the rules were for buying and if he could just order a dessert or did it have to be dinner and then if he could use all the money given and/or could he keep the change.

Nate on the otherhand wanted to make his own meal so went over to Subway and told her that he didn't want one from the menu and if she could just follow his instructions he would like that. He made a great sandwich.

Halley was working in her class so the boys said they should get her a meal and took off together to find something that they knew she would like.

It was HILARIOUS the conversations that went on between the two boys.

Nate M. - "Hey, did you know that worms have 5 hearts?"
Todd - "Oh cool, so if we cut the worms in five pieces then they will start new worms?"

Then they went on to discuss the business they could have of catching worms and then 'dividing' them up to make more worms.



Of course Dad had to look it up on the phone and explained to them that they have 5 parts to their body that make up the workings of a heart, and that actually they are HEARTLESS!

*Laughing*



Halley and I had a few minutes and we found a great shoe store that had boots we liked (we have similar styles). We tried on the models (which are usually our size give-or-take) and came away with boots that will fit us both. I think they are a half size small for me and a half size big for her. My point is, My 9 year old has pretty much the same size feet as me. Pretty soon I'm going to need a lock box for my clothes and shoes if I want to keep them around. Or course then I get to borrow her stuff (hehe).

We LOVE this growing up stage.

We LOVE the way they are allowing the Lord to direct them and work in their lives.

They are moldable and lovable!!!



1 comment:

Kymberlee - The Mama Midwife said...

Your family just makes me smile. You inspire me to be a better parent.