Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dizziness and Delight

This is what you get when the kids are moving, the camera is moving, you are moving and all trying to take a photo, and all is happening at the same speed as Darbi's face which is in focus, is sharp...   It sure makes me dizzy to look at and it's fun at the same time.



While out and about I felt like praising the Lord for His provision, His love, and His greatness.  Nate and I have been listening to a series of sermons by John Piper on 'the pleasures of God'.  Each one builds some on the other (and I'm listening to them out of order, oh well:).  The first one we listened too was about the pleasures of God in ALL that He does.  He delights in us, He delights in me.....  in me?  Yes, 
(Amazingly, I asked the kids to hold hands and show me what they thought it looked like to PRAISE GOD.  The above photo is what they came up with.  How precious...)

This sermon #1 we listened too just before the baby was born.  You know the thoughts that creep in that say, 'you are going to have to wait an extra 2 or more weeks for labor.  You're going to take forever to have this baby when it does happen.  And after all that there is going to be something wrong...'  However fleeting...  those thoughts are still there at times.  

God saw fit to show me of His delight in us, His creation out of the abundance of His fullness and complete fellowship with the Trinity.  

1.  The baby was 2 weeks early
2.  He was a boy (even though we knew that already)
3.  The labor was relaxing (for labor anyways)
4.  He was on the smaller side (under 7 lbs.)
5.  He was very healthy
6  He sleeps well and has his nights and days figured out at day one.
7.  My recovery went smooth and pretty quickly

And many more things that God has done for us just to show us (our family, Nate and I) how much He loves us and not only that, but how much He Delights in us.  He gave us sooooo many of the desires of our hearts, things I didn't even pray about or verbalize to anyone.  God knew and wanted to show me on a very practical (Robyn) level of His love for His people, His love for me, His love for family, His love....




4 comments:

Tammy Lorentz said...

What a wonderful realization!
Thank you for sharing your spiritual path in this way. Your words and insight mean more to me than you could know. Thank you for Blessing me.

Sandy Bjorkman said...

I love reading your blog and seeing all the current pictures of your family. Thanks for sharing! I am greatly blessed by your family.

Anonymous said...

Count me in with this group of people who are blessed in reading your blog. I know you are extremely busy with your six little ones, but I am so glad you find time to share with us online. I love the picture of the kids praising God! :-)

SurgIntern06 said...

Thanks for sharing, Rob.